And not just among homemakers. College students, men, women, you name the demographic, it followed one or more soap operas. Congress would even adjourn to watch a certain soap (I can't remember the exact one). Back when I was in high school, I watched General Hospital with Christie, my first girlfriend, and then Dez, my second girlfriend.
I've always thought that GH was the catalyst for this boom, due to its Luke and Laura storyline. I'm sure some will argue differently. But no matter the cause or causes, soaps were huge. Now, that genre is coming to an end. Of ABC's famed lineup of Ryan's Hope, All My Children, One Life To Live, and General Hospital, only GH remains, and probably not for long.
It's sad. I've always felt that the best and hardest-working actors and actresses were the ones on the soaps. So with that lead-in (pun fully intended), let's move along. It was the Friday night before the Memorial Day weekend back in 1983. Jim and his family took off to meet some friends down in Baja, so I didn't have any work lined up for that weekend. My parents took off for a five-day trip to Vegas, and I was all by my lonesome.
I had just started laying it to Kendall, but remember: never turn down a chance to get laid. And I was pretty happy about sticking it to her and felt that the perfect way to celebrate my freshest poach would be to get laid.
There was a new dance club that opened up in Pomona called "Vicious Blue". It closed almost the minute it opened. If you blinked, you missed it. And I'd like to add that you didn't miss much. Anyway, it had just opened, so I thought I'd check it out.
I got there and went in, and well, it was pretty shitty. I'm sure that they had bought all the decor from some out-of-business disco from 1976. The club's name was right on: everything was blue to the point where it overwhelmed you. I looked around and debated whether or not I really wanted to stay. But I figured that I might as well have a beer and then pick up my true love on the way home--In N' Out.
I was sipping my Bud Light when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned and saw this really cute blonde girl. "Hey, can you help me out?"
Great. Some chick wants cab fare, a joint, a ride home, or whatever.
"Depends."
"See that guy, in the corner.....don't let him see you looking.....look now, quick!"
I glanced over but didn't see him. Whatever.
"What about him?"
"My bitch friend left me here. Picked up a guy. Now that dude won't leave me alone. Can you just act like you're my boyfriend or something? I told him that I had a boyfriend here, he wouldn't believe me. If he sees us together, maybe he leaves me along you know? I'm Patty Jo by the way, my friends call me P.J."
Sheesh. That's how she talked as well; a mile a minute.
"Okay, sit down, we'll pretend we're together."
"Cool, thanks buddy!"
So she sat down and we had a couple of drinks and talked. At one point--supposedly for this guy's benefit--she leaned over and planted a nice kiss on my lips. I can't say that I minded that too much. From what I was able to glean from P.J.'s running narrative was that she and her boyfriend Glen were originally from Michigan.
They had moved out to southern California to pursue careers in the movie industry. Glen had done some work as a camera man back in Michigan, and P.J. had done some acting in community theater (don't laugh--everybody starts somewhere, folks). So why not come out to the Golden State and pursue their dreams?
Sure, it's cliche. But how do you think cliches get started in the first place? I found that once I had gotten used to P.J.'s hyperactive personality, I found her to be really charming. She seemed genuinely nice. "So, anyway, Glen's out working a movie, on location,"--no, I don't remember the name; it was b-horror type flick--"and my friend and I went out to dance, you know. We're bi, and kinda thought we'd have a date, you know? Then a cute guy saw her and she kissed me and took off. Kinda blows."
Conversing with P.J. was easy--all I had to do was nod. "So, that guy starts hitting on me, won't take no, all that. So I saw you alone and figured maybe you'd help me out and you did, so I'm really grateful you know?" I nodded. P.J. looked around. "Well, I guess he's gone, Ryan. Thank you. I'll go call a cab or see if a friend can come get me....."
Good balance is important.
Then she looked at me. And what she said, without actually saying it, was, "Unless you'd care to give me a lift?"
I laughed a little and said,"Where do you live?"
She grinned. "Azusa too far away? I live close to Azusa Pacific."
Maybe a half hour at most. Up the 57 to the 210 and go west for a few miles. And I knew the area around Asuza Pacific University pretty well--I had "dated" a nice lady that lived close to the school.
So P.J. and I walked out to my car and I drove her home. When we I pulled up to her place, she said, "I really appreciate this. Wanna come in, get a drink for your troubles Ryan?"
Hey, why not? We went into her living room and she grabbed a couple of beers. I didn't think that I was going to be staying--P.J. hadn't said a thing that would indicate that she wasn't exactly faithful to her boyfriend. So I nursed that beer. We talked for awhile and she said, "Wanna see some of my stuff?"
P.J. had gotten some bit parts and some work in local commercials. I told her that I'd love to see it. I have to admit, she was pretty good. After we were done, I told her I thought that she was really good. She smiled. I don't know if she believed that I was sincere, but at least she seemed to believe it. "You're nice. Thanks Ryan."
Then she excused herself and a minute later came back with a joint. "You cool with this? Don't worry, you won't have to leave until you come back down." "Oh yeah." She lit that mutha up and took a big toke and passed it to me. She held the smoke in and exhaled and I took my hit. As I held Miss Mary Jane in my respiratory system, P.J. said, "Man, I love this shit. Wish I could do it every day."
She laughed. "But, hey, a girl's gotta work..... Hey, I got an audition lined up for Passive Emotions on Wednesday. Not a big role, but it's recurring, so I'll get some more work. Who knows, right?"
We passed happy plant between us a few times and soon we were both feeling really good. P.J. slid up next to me and squeezed my hand. "Pot makes me....you know...."
"Uh huh....."
"Glen's away till next Saturday....."
"Uh huh......"
She giggled, "Uh huhhhhhhh...."
"So, maybe if you don't have plans, you could spend the weekend with me? I'll make it worth your time....."
"I'd love to......"
"Just when it's over, you know......on Tuesday morning....."
"I forget your name and where you live....."
"Yeah...that cool?"
"Yeah, that's cool."
"You're fucking cool. Kiss me...."
I leaned over and we started kissing. Our tongues started pushing against each other and P.J. started rubbing my cock through my jeans. I took my hand and slid it up under her shirt and bra and squeezed her breast. I pushed her down on her back and unbuttoned and unzipped her jeans. P.J. lifted her ass up and I pulled her panties and jeans off.
P.J. then draped one leg over the couch and stuck her other leg out so she was spread wide for me. I leaned down and ran my tongue up and down her pussy. She groaned and said, "Oh yeah...."
P.J. then reached down and spread her lips so her clit was exposed. Hey, I can take a hint. I ran my tongue over her hard clit repeatedly, making her moan and squirm. She loved me focusing my attention there, so I slid my finger into her wet pussy and worked it around while I stayed on her clit. "Fuck....you know how to eat pussy Baby.....I'm gonna cum baby......"
Right when P.J. was starting to cum, I sucked her clit as hard as I could and slid my finger in and out of her as fast as I could. She groaned, bucked, and came, arching her back and throwing her head back as she did. "C'mon...put it in me....."
I got out of my pants in record time and mounted her. It was a bit awkward, but I managed to find my balance and slid my aching cock inside of her. "Fill me up.....fill up my pussy with your cum baby......" There was no way I was going to last long. She was too warm and too wet and I was already on the edge to begin with. And P.J. urging me to cum certainly didn't help--well, it did, but it didn't help me stave off the inevitable.
I took several hard thrusts into her. "C'mon....fuck my pussy.....I'm your whore......"
That did it. I took a final thrust and emptied the content of my balls into her pussy. I caught my breath and said, "Sorry P.J. I couldn't hold off." She giggled and said, "Don't worry about it. Didn't expect you to. It's cool!"
She pulled my head down and we kissed some more and then hit the shower. We got out and dried off and then laid down on the bed. P.J. grabbed another happy stick and lit it up. When we were done, the room was spinning and we were making out, with her hand stroking Mr. Happy. I knew that if I wanted to take the Palm Pilot out of the hangar, I'd better do it soon. So I started going down on her again, getting her nice and wet.
Then I got on my side and started rubbing her pussy. She sighed and started gyrating her hips slowly. I laid my head on her stomach and P.J. ran her hand through my hair. "That feels nice...." I kept putting pressure on her clit--that was her "go-to" spot, so to speak. Eventually, I felt her hand lift up and land gently on my back and start pushing. "Gonna cum....gonna cum....."
She started grunting and groaning and lifted her ass up. I slid my finger inside her pussy as she came. She laid there, breathing heavily for a few moments. "Fuck.....made me cum hard, baby...."I knew that I wanted to make her cum again before I fucked her for the second time. I went up and we kissed for a bit. I kissed my way down her throat and down to her tits, where I sucked and played with her nipples for a few minutes. Then I got up on my knees--no easy feat as the room felt like it was cresting with the waves of the Pacific Ocean--and guided her onto her stomach."Whatcha doin' baby?"
I didn't answer. I just started massaging her shoulders and then working my way down her back to her ass. Then I leaned down a planted a kiss on her ass cheek. P.J. giggled and said, "I didn't tell you to kiss my ass, did I?"I laughed and squeezed her ass cheek. Then I spread her legs and moved between them and started rimming her ass. "Oh fuck.....yeah.....kinky, baby......" P.J. lifted her hips up so she could play with her clit while I rimmed her. When I felt her nearing another orgasm, I slid my tongue into her ass and drove her over the edge.
After she came, she said, "You gotta fucking be kidding me...." She then reached under the bed and handed me a tube of lubricant. She looked back at me, smiled, and said, "Since you like my butt so much...."
This was true. I had grown very fond of her butt.
I first lubed up Mr. Happy and then my finger and slid it gently into her ass. P.J. groaned a little and laid her head on her hands. I mounted her and gently eased my cock into her tight ass. When I was all the way in, she squeezed her ass hard--and that almost made me lose my load again. I slowly slid in and almost-out of her ass several times, enjoying each stroke. P.J. said, "Let's get on our side....."
We positioned ourselves on our sides and P.J. lifted her right leg up in the air. I slid my cock into her ass again and reached over and helped her hold her leg up. She started rubbing her pussy as I increased my speed. We could only keep this position up for a few minutes, though. Her leg was getting tired and so was my arm. So I pulled out again and laid on my back. P.J. straddled me reverse-cowgirl style, and eased my cock inside of her ass again. She slid up and down--a couple of times, I slid all the way out and had to reinsert Mr. Happy again--and watching my cock disappear into her ass and reappear was incredibly hot.
After several minutes, she came as I shot my load into her tight ass. We took another shower and passed out. Around four in the morning, we started waking up and began kissing. We were still pretty messed up, and P.J. managed to kick the sheets off after a brief struggle. She then got on top of me so we could 69. She went down on each other until I was hard and she was wet.
P.J. then turned around (kicking me in the head as she swung her foot around--not that it hurt, just that it shows how fucked up we still were). Then she eased herself down my cock and rocked back and forth while she played with her tits. I just relaxed and let P.J. set the rhythm. We fucked for ten minutes--well, really, that's just a guess on my part--until she came.
Then she really started putting pressure down on me, grinding and rock hard, until I filled her up with the rest of my reserves. P.J. then eased off my cock and passed out again. I watched the room spin a bit and then joined her. It wasn't until noon the next day when we both woke up at the same time.
She was on her stomach and I was on my back. She opened her eyes, smiled, and said, "Hey."
Then her eyes opened wide. "Oh shit! I'd better check the answering machine!" I heard her play the message. It was her boyfriend calling to see how she was doing. "Fuck. He left this last night. Shit." She left a message for him to call her back. Later on, when he did call back, she explained that she and a friend had gone out for a few drinks and she was a little drunk when her friend dropped her off.
From what I gathered, he wasn't too pleased, but that was better than the whole truth. After she left the message, we ran out and grabbed a bite to eat and then headed back to her place for another round of beer, pot, and sex. The following two days were the same. On Tuesday morning, I woke up around eight. P.J. was getting ready for her audition and I grabbed a quick shower and got dressed.
P.J. made some much-needed coffee and we sat and had a cup. We had really enjoyed that long weekend, and neither of us was anxious to see it end. Then a thought came over me.
"You didn't get a chance to practice or learn your lines." P.J. laughed and tossed me her lines.
"You be John." She knew them. Had them down cold. We talked some more and then she looked at the clock. She smiled and said, "Well, I guess it's time."
I gave her a kiss and we walked out to our cars. Of course, I had to say it.
"Break a leg."
"Thanks!"
So what happened to P.J. after all that? She ended up acting on Passive Emotions for four years, that I do know. But the role never ended up as anything but an occasional deal. She had some decent roles in some B movies, got a couple of small gigs on a few dramas, but that was it. After 1988, there's no career record for Shannon Alston (not her real stage name, of course).
So I looked under her real name. Those results just led me back to the Shannon Alston results. Fucking drove me crazy. FINALLY, in 2004, I found a "Patricia Jo Muranskie-Smith" (not her real name; don't bother googling it). It was the name of someone with a blog written that focused on occupational therapy. I figured, what the fuck. I might as well see if it's her.
So I found her email and sent her a letter.
"Ms. Muranskie-Smith, This will sound weird, but were you an actress back in the 1980s? The lady I knew went by 'P.J.' and acted under the name Shannon Alston. I met her at a horrible dance club in Pomona, CA in 1983 and gave her a lift home. She mentioned that she was going to audition for Passive Emotions, and she got the part. I followed her career as closely as I could, but she seemed to just disappear in the late 80s. Anyway, if this isn't you, sorry for the bother."
The next day, I opened my email and found the response.
"Hey Ryan :) Yes, it's me. It's so flattering you remember me; I always remembered you. Quite fondly, I might add! So what happened to me?
After that weekend, I auditioned for Passive Emotions and got the part, as you obviously know. On top of that, I was getting commercials and other small parts. It wasn't the stardom I had dreamed of, but it was fun, gave me the opportunity to do something I loved, and paid the bills. And that's a lot more than most aspiring actors and actresses can say. Glen caught me cheating on him about a year after our weekend.
He kicked me out and I was luckily able to keep my head above water. He never forgave me. I understand, but wish he could if only for his own peace of mind. He still lives and works in Hollywood--or as I call it, 'Hollow-Wood'--as far as I know. In 1988 I was still getting work, but I was miserable. So I sat down and tried to figure out why I wasn't happy. And I wasn't happy simply because I didn't love what I was doing any longer. So I moved back to Michigan and back in with my parents and went back to school to become an occupational therapist. In 1993, I met a great guy and we got married. And then one daughter arrived...and then another. LOL
I do have a confession. That guy I said was bugging me? He didn't exist. My friend did leave me there, though. I saw you, and thought we could have some fun. We did, didn't we? LOL Talk to me. Did you ever get married? What do you do?
We exchanged several emails and caught up. We still touch base now and again. She's not as hyper as she was back then, but she's still incredibly funny and upbeat. She has a couple of girls she hooks up with when she feels the need (she's very discreet about it and has her husband's approval). And yes, she gave me permission to do this entry and show the pictures--on the condition that I cut her face out and change all relevant information.
And I'd better--she said that she'd come by to check it out and if I didn't follow her orders, she was "gonna kick your ass, pal!"
Yes, P.J. Whatever you say.........
Anyway, since P.J. was an actress back in the day, she couldn't resist an encore. She sent some pics taken not long ago of her playing with her husband. She sent them and told me to publish them with her face cut out. So the first slideshow are the pics of P.J. back in 1983 and the second set are obviously more recent. She's still gorgeous.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Nicely done, sir, nicely done!
Glad you liked, PJ!
Post a Comment